Friday, March 21, 2008

I won't go into too much detail...


...but we finally discovered the hidden source for the nasty bugs that had been appearing in our kitchen! Yep, we ripped out the oven hood and found a hole and a bunch o bugs... yuck. But Ian to the rescue (that look on his face says how the evening was, pretty fun actually:) ) and we got rid of them all and sealed off the hole and anything else we could possibly imagine a bug could come through with some foaming caulk sealant stuff. Remember we used similar stuff on the bee's nest on Hopi drive, family? Well it worked great and it was a day to remember. Just thought you'd all like to share in our victory! And don't worry, we got the hood back in just fine. Hooray for no bugs!!

5 comments:

  1. So this wins first place for the funniest picture alive (well not alive cause pictures don't have spirits) and it ranks right up there with owen playing bongos on kate's head. Laughter, and much of it. Of Ian's many skills, humorous-ness is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clic on this photo to get a fuller effect. We Love you Eno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember the expanding hardening foam we used on that bees nest in Sedalia.
    I was gonna seal those suckers in where they couldn't get out and sting all my kids ever again. Fighting those bees off you kids is still a strong memory for this Mom. My adrenaline is up just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for rescuing us from those bugs Mom. I'll never forget stripping down by the sliding glass door and hiding in a sleeping bag in the hall bathroom. And then there was a bee in my sleeping bag!! I also remember Rae hopping the fence and escaping scot free. Here's to hardening foam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah that killer bee day was the first thing I thought of when I saw you had used the expand-a-foam. that was incredibly scary. Ora was there, you guys were screaming, I felt bad that I had "escaped" it, keeping my no bee sting streak. I remember the bee in your sleeping bag. I remember them still stinging our clothes outside on the ground...

    ReplyDelete