Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Ward Visited

It was a fairly isolated ,unchanging Ward, and I made some observations. (The Speakers were really good, some of the best ever, even.) Those observations are the topic for todays Dinner table.
Observed in Sacrament Meeting;

No one singing
teenager studying for the Drivers Test
reading a novel held up high in front of face
drinking from a water bottle pulled from a brown paper bag (full of food too?)
ipod earphones in
doing hair
leaning forward with ears covered
sleeping
back massages- the distracting kind
preparing a lesson
serious snacking

I did not see any texting or hear a phone ring.

These were not little kids either.

I really was trying to listen to the great speakers.
It took some effort to keep from being distracted.
How did the speakers feel I wonder, was anyone even looking at them?

What if we had been investigators?

How am I in my ward?

No comments:

Post a Comment