Saturday, November 8, 2008

Clothing for those who need it.

"All the clothing we need for the poor is in the closets of the Saints". I am sure they will give If we can just get the message to them. (the last part isn't exact)

This quote is why I normally don't do garage sales, and have saved my major clothes sorting for the end of this month instead of for the garage sale. I think we all have too many clothes. something about shopping for them is a balm. (I have some kind of clothing issue I guess I can hardly stand to hang up my clean laundry.)
I guess I will start mentally preparing now for the sort. Connie, where are you when I need you! Ha ha.

Don't forget to give to Deseret Industries. Don't just let things sit in there til they are out of style. Give ,em out now to someone who can really use and appreciate them.
Every one piece in - means two out.

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder. Jason and I remember hearing a letter read at the pulpit in church a few years ago that we should not be holding garage sales, but giving to the DI. Apparently Jason and I were the only ones that heard this because anyone I talk to says they can't recall hearing such a thing. This quote gives me peace of mind and helps me feel not so crazy :0 Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I were there to help sort. You were great for me. LOVE CONNIE

    ReplyDelete