Wednesday, May 14, 2008

School's almost out...and I'm getting free furniture










Hey everybody! It's been awhile; I'll admit I've been way busy with school! I've got some pics to post, though, of some free furniture, all from off the streets of the Bronx. I'm telling you, "the secret" really works, you know, where you think positive thoughts that something will happen and it happens! Yep, we got an armoire (we have no closet in our bedroom, notice the hanging clothes rack in the picture. oh yeah and I know it's missing a panel but hey you saw the price!) an armchair (which I recovered all by myself, reupholstery 101!), and most recently a headboard! I've been wanting a headboard for ages now. Yep. Looking all over Craigslist. Can't beat FREE.

Anyway, here they are. And maybe I'll put up a picture of my clinical group at the hospital in case anyone is at all curious (this could possibly be only Mom) (it was our last hospital day today) and a good picture of us kids from my spring break visit to Phoenix. Kinda rambly post, but I'm feeling kinda rambly I suppose! Still working up to Mom's brilliant posts which I love.

PS Mom I have poison ivy can you believe it? Just like old times...

4 comments:

  1. Nobody's gonna believe you got poison ivy in New York City! (even in one if the boroughs).
    Yup, you're gonna have to say New Jersey.(I am sorry, it makes me chuckle.) I know how badly you get it too. I am so sorry you have it again. Does it make interesting conversation in the nursing group at least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Al, your furniture "luck" is almost erie.
    Really good job on the re-apolstry by the way.

    I am proud of you every day.

    You are working soooo hard and doing it all well to boot.

    Don't forget to scald your sheets in the hottest water your laundry has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I just washed them yesterday, but only on warm. Think I can get away with it? Actually I wore long sleeves at night so as to not get on the sheets, but I guess I'll just have to scald my long sleeved shirts??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon Bowler says Hi! I had to show her your blog with your new/old furniture on it. She was so excited about the blog too.

    Here, let me try and spell upholstery closer than I did before.

    ReplyDelete