Thursday, May 22, 2008

Colorado

A dear old friend has died, so we have decided to take a road trip to Colorado.
Some of you may have heard me talk of Dave Anderson (and Robin). He was our first friend in Colorado. He sold us our first, second, third etc. houses in Colorado. He was our realtor. He was also our Bishop,-twice I think if you count the ward split. His daughter, Dana, was our main baby sitter. We had thanksgiving Dinner at their house. Rachel's first kiss was with their son. (uhmm Hi ,Rae). The list keeps going. We love him alot. I am crying now. I have no details on how he died.
There will also be a full military honors service at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.
As of two hours ago the plan is that we will leave right after work tonight, and come back for Monday.
It is a looong way, too expensive to fly and with gas prices it would be too much too, except we have a company car that has free gasolina! 16 hours of drive time I think.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I'm so sad to hear this. Such sad news. I'm glad you are going up to Colorado. Send my best as well. I know he was a good friend and such a good man, even in my young age that I knew him. Hope the trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete