Friday, October 29, 2010

Good flowers are hard to find

I don't mean corsages I mean the actual fresh flowers to make them with.  It is always a hunt and a gamble.

Mostly I do flowers to relax but I also get a little worried about whether or not the people will like'em, so it is kind of a trade off.  I don't charge for my work usually, then I can say "you get what you pay for".  It takes the pressure off somehow.

Here are my latest efforts.   I ended up liking how they turned out--mostly.  Don't look too close.


These were for David and his date to Highland's Homecoming.--just a touch of Art Deco here.


 
These were for a Rob Bowler who wore a plaid polyester suit and the girl styled her dress to match, so this one is a little campy, whimsical/unconventional.  I had been saving the googly eyed  bee for something and it fit right in here.


Pink and more traditional here for Pete Marple and his date. The kids seem to be liking more "substantial" boutonnieres.


I have been promised pictures of the actual kids on their date.  So since that is by far the best part---Soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment