Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Aniversary Trip to So Cal

We visited the San Juan Capistrano Mission.  No swallows.  The report is they don't "return" as much anymore because of the building growth surrounding the Mission and the many people.

 I love to study history and visit places that I have read about.  The chain of old Spanish Missions that stretch through out the entire southwest/west region and further, connected by El Camino Real, have always been of interest to me.  Perhaps my love of  Zorro as a girl helped to foster that interest?
 Keith opts for the audio tour.  I like reading the signs. Typical. We are different yet work well together.
 We hiked down to the tide pools. I do love the ocean.  I respect it.  As long as I can touch the bottom when I am in it I am happy.

 We visited Newport beach and the new LDS Newport Beach Temple there.  It is a beauty. The chapel next door is very pretty too, and larger than most I think.
Later we went to Ramos House Restaurant  where we had a fantastic upscale brunch in old town Capistrano. the place doesn't look like much from the outside but it was good food! Keith thought it might not fill him up and be too expensive but the food won him over.  It was very good.  I am tending toward seasonal local food and I hoped this might sway him a little and it did.
Just look at this place--(hyperlink above) it is sooo rustic looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment