Monday, April 26, 2010

weekend

I helped throw a wedding shower--invitaions, made but did not deliver them. Then for the food, I made Ian Kelly's famous Lemon bars (mine turned out almost as good as when he makes 'em) and bought bluberries-- and set up with table cloth,dishes and flowers etc. No cute games just SIMPLE was our M.O.
I also did flowers for a Wedding reception this weekend.
When I do all the flower pieces it is a lot of work. I usaully starts out simple and easy sounding then escalates into way more. I did not do the bouquet or boutenneer but I did do-- the register table, gift table, three buffet tables, a 'line' table, 6 guest tables and decorated the cake! We also salvaged a bad entrance walkway with 15 dollars worth or ribbon and a lot of "tweaking" by Rae. I could not have done this one without Rachel. Come to think of it she helped a ton on the last reception I/we did too. and helped withservice on another.She has a good eye. Thanks so much to Rachel!
My back did hurt afterward and I had a couple of glitches in the plan (there always are) but in the end it was beautiful and everyone was very happy (me too) and that is the main thing. I took some before photos but no after ones-- rats one day maybe, but it is just one more thing to do and sometimes you just have to get out. Maybe Katherine has some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment