Sunday, July 20, 2008

South rim of the Grand Canyon




That is Davey and I. (really,click on it and verify) I am afraid of heights. My youngest child at home is not. Thus our hike to the edge of the big hole.


If you are trying to go north to almost anywhere from where I live there is a big hole in the way. It is called the Grand Canyon. There is a dam and a bridge in the western corner of the state with Lake Mead behind it, and a dam and a bridge with Lake Powell behind it to the east, and all the way in between is a big hole in the ground called the Grand Canyon with the Colorado River running through it.



That's one big hole in the ground!
We stayed in Flagstaff in our friends', the Handy's Cabin and spent the day at the Canyon.

1 comment:

  1. Mom these pictures are breathtaking! I almost don't believe that is YOU and Dave on the one taken from far away and you are small like pins, but when you click up close it is YOU! My scared of heights Mom- way to go! I love all the posting!!!

    ReplyDelete