Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's July, time to give up Gardening!

Every year about this time I throw down my hoe and give up. yup, I give up my lifeline, gardening!
Theoretically, gardening keeps me sane, so naturallly I am not sane while here -in the desert-where it is- shall I say it one more time?--- HOT!

Funny enough, Cilantro can't grow in this heat either, wouldn't you think that most famous of all Mexican herbs could survive in the Sonoran Desert?
Nope.

I grow Violets on my kitchen window sill so it is not so bad when there are all those dirty dishes pilled up. Here are what my window sill Violets looked like last month.
Not now of course! Not even house plants do well here!
(no picture needed/wanted )
(so much for blooming where you are planted huh Alli?) not really







1 comment:

  1. Mom, those violets are (were) GORGEOUS! Keep trying Mom. Bloom!

    ReplyDelete