Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New York City again!

NYC as viewed from atop The Empire State Building.
It's getting to be kind of like Disneyland, stand in line and do the rides. (they channel you through and give waiting times etc. even.)

Photos from the top of "the ride".





I love the Flatiron Building. If any one remembers or knows what a flatiron looks like you can't miss it, for others, it is the triangular one in the center. It is said to be only fifteen feet across in the front. It is was one of New York's first skyscrapers.

We Love getting a Burger at the Shake Shack in the park near there(lower left) and sit and view the Flatiron and people watch. There is always a line for this good food.


I like the Chrysler Building too. (It is the Art Deco one, of course.) I can't be sure but it looks like the Brooklyn Bridge in the background. (my favorite!) If I squint. The location seems more like the Manhatton Bridge.?? Which is it Alli?





I like the Woolworth building too, but you can't see it here ,unfortunately. It too is one of the early skyscrappers. built with Nickels and Dimes from the Dime Store Moguls fortune.



See Central Park in the distance? and The George Washington Bridge? It connects the Bronx to New Jersey.

Architecture is one of my favorite things! It is one reason I love to travel.




My streak is intact! The celebrity I saw this time was Collin Farrel. We Were once again grabbing A burger (they have some great burger places in New York) At the Burger Joint. It is a very small place about eight tables , we offered to let him sit withus but no... Ian actually spotted him first but it still counts on my run.. I actually saw another actor too but I don't know his name- perhaps later.

No comments:

Post a Comment