Monday, July 6, 2009

Something new

It has been far too long since something new was posted here. Not that I feel like saying much myself. We are all a little quieter these days.
I had a strange birthday this year. Only my second one in Arizona and I will admit it was a little lackluster...but that bit was my fault. I normally get more pumped up for my birthday and I didn't make enough effort to see the fireworks. And fireworks, I realized, equal my birthday. I did catch a few minutes of them from afar off in the desert, but I missed the oohing and aahing and the loud booms. My birthday also usually equals bbq-ing with friends or family. Mom asked me if I wanted to do something, but I shrugged it off. I think this Thursday I will try to make up for that by having some people over to pool party it up. We ate as a family at an Ethiopian restaurant, which was fabulous. That particular cuisine is something I discovered back in my Colorado lawn care days the summer before we moved to Arizona. Very fun stewed vegetarian and meat dishes that you eat by scooping it up with pieces of a thin pancake-like bread called injera. Yum and yum. Night hike in the desert topped off the day, and it was great. The desert is beautiful, even if you can only venture out in it at night. No pictures for now.

1 comment:

  1. I always think of you on Independence day. Hope your pool party makes your birthday feel more special. Just think of it as a week long celebration this year.

    ReplyDelete