Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Can' Help Myself

A letter from Dan. Dear fam. And dad.
All is well. Work is good, although I got sick on Friday.
It was a bummer. Saturday waking up was horrible. Bad sore throat, sore cabeza, and sore body, runny nose. But what can you do? We went to work.
Sunday was better, but still rough, and today is fine. I´m getting well, don´t sweat mom. I´m taking care of myself. Lucky for me, the lord´s taking care of me too. And the bishop said i´ll be blessed with a beautiful wife cause i´m working through my fever. Hahaha. So that´s golden, right? 3 guesses who it is (dad) hahah, naw jk.
next week we´ve got 3 baptisms with some rad people. Valesca, who is 28 and is a reading machine (she reads everything we tell her and is solid), is doing good. She had some doubts, but through my muddled, drugged up Spanish, I was able to tell her being baptized twice isn´t condemnation, especially if one is valid.
Also we´re teaching Paloma, she´s the daughter of a woman in the ward who´s not baptized cause she´s got some handicap, but she knows right from wrong, and her mom and the bishop say it´s golden, and they want us to do it, so that’s fun. She´s sweet and innocent, but impresses me every day we teach her.
And finally Zoila, who is a 16 year old who has some strange doubts ,but is awesome and honest with us.
In other news, we´re teaching a witch of light who believes the BOM to be true and joseph smith is a prophet, but is worried about being baptized cause she doesn´t want to lose her powers.
We also went to a deaf, less active member´s house on Sunday and she asked for a blessing, she has severe depression and was really struggling, so we gave her one. And it was powerful. Elder nelson is a stallion. Anyway, I anointed her and then we gave the blessing, and while e´nelson was giving it, she just started bawling. It was crazy. The spirit was way strong, and keep in mind she´s deaf. But after that she said she felf much better like a huge weight had been lifted, and we wrote the blessing down for her and left.
Now straying from that spiritual note, I got sprayed with pepper spray, that was wild. Also, we´re wondering if havasupai is destroyed? Any news on that?

Well fam. I love you all. Thanks for the advice about the people dad.
They´re pretty bomb, so i´m glad to be here in Casablanca for sure. Chileans are legit. Also we met a woman who lived in Bronxville for 4 years, and she speaks a little English, so she wanted to talk to us (most people are catholic and not interested at all, like she was) but only about English. Anyway we´ll see where it goes, she had a nice son, and I fell in love with her latin accent. But not with her, don´t worry.
Alright, keep it street family.

PS. Dave you sound dope. write me, fool. No Members Only for you, gotta find your own. try thrift stores.
And also this cruiser is for sale. Want it david?
PPS. I want one of these vans, so i´m gonna bring one home in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment