Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's All About the Food

Keith's last words to me as I left for New York city were,"Eat lots of good food." Is it any wonder I gain weight married to this man, but I digress. So being the obedient wife that I am (quit laughing) on the first day there we drove to Brooklyn. It is home to my former"Best Pizza ever", place Grimaldi's.
But... If you drive through Brooklyn, along the Atlantic ocean, past Coney Island, through a very very Jewish neighborhood you come to the this place. It is home to the best pizza ever. You can't really tell from the outside, just look at it, but Di Fara's is the best pizza in the world.

One of the myriad of reasons is Because this little old guy makes every single pie by hand personally. Yep, he makes every one himself right down to scissoring the fresh basil off a big bunch and drizzling it with olive oil. Man
I am hungry again just typing this.


Is this a beautiful thing or what?
Can you smell it?
Does this make you crazy to go there? It oughta!


Notice all the write ups and pictures on the walls around us.
People come from all over and wait hours and hours for this man's Pizza pie. Last time we were there we waited three hours. I was doubting then, but after this one, no more doubt.







These smiles say it all.
YUM.

4 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering now.

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've got to live for something, you might as well live for food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man that really is the best pizza in the world (at least that I have ever tasted)! I am so glad you tucked into that bad boy while you were in the tri-state area.

    Sad that I missed the chance to shop with you, Vikki - but feel sure that one day we'll get the chance. Has Alli told you about the Century 21 a mere 10 minute drive from our house? And every true shopper must experience the Short Hills mall (or the tall and spacious shopping center as we like to call it!)

    I guess the next time you come to NY will be to welcome your grandson! So wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete