Monday, August 25, 2008

At Slide Rock State Park

This is in the canyon south of Flagstaff on 89 just before Sedona. It is a beautiful part of the state.
Our friends, the Handy's, have a cabin there. (Yup, it is a "Handy cabin".) We're going again for Labor day weekend.Rachel and Lara judging the jumping
from a safe spot down below. "I give it a 9.5"
Allison and Ian in mid fall, jumping from the highest spot there. The one in the leaves in the upper right hand corner of the photograph,not the spot where all the people are gatheredin the background. (I need to make sure they receive the appropriate amount of awe for the feat.)
I wore a big hole in my shorts sliding down some of the many chutes. I did have a swim suit on underneath them.
The water was cold enough to take your breathe away. A refreshing change from Phoenix that is for sure.David Cannonballing into a lesser pool at the end of one of the chutes.
Spencer jumping "the big one" (we think it is about 50 feet) one of his many plunges.

4 comments:

  1. Man I want to go there. Rob kept saying "thats too dangerous too scary" when looking at your pictures. Hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOMMMM these pics are great! Thanks for explaining in detail exactly where Ian and I jumped from. Definitely important. No, really. We were brave. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete